September 21, 2019 | Historic 25th Street
This year’s Harvest Moon Celebration kicks off on Saturday, September 21 at noon. Now in its 18th year, one of Ogden’s biggest parties is getting even bigger this time around.
As Ogden says farewell to summer and welcomes fall, Historic 25th Street is packed with family friendly activities, live music, and artisan exhibits.
The day kicks off with the NuHope Walk to raise suicide awareness. Registration begins at the Ogden Amphitheater at 8:30 a.m. The short program and walk begin at 10:00 a.m. with information booths back at the amphitheater from 11:30 to noon.
One of Ogden’s most popular attractions, Social Axe, will be hosting free axe throwing for anyone over 13 until 5:30 p.m. At 5:30, a live Axe Throwing Competition gets underway and is capped at 50 participants. If you’ve never visited them at their physical location on Lincoln Ave., Harvest Moon is the perfect time to give this rapidly growing sport a try.
The climbing wall makes its return this year and is free to climb until 4:00 p.m. A nominal fee is charged between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Additional activities include:
· Gibson Green Acres pumpkin patch display
· Ogden's George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park will be doing plaster fossil casting (kids activity)
· Local Artisan Collective will be doing Wooden Moon Phases art (kids activity)
· Eccles Art Center will be doing a Create Your Own Pumpkin activity (kids activity)
· Various activities from ten departments from Weber State University
· Great Basin Antique Tractors will be on display
· Balloon art by Locally Twisted
· Imagine Music performers on the community stage from Noon-5pm
· Giant Pumpkin from Cache Valley Giant Pumpkins and live carving done by Adam Smith
· Elias "Lefty" Caress — roaming Magician 12-5pm
· Endless Indulgence fashion show @ main stage at 4:30pm
· Roaming balloon artists from Locally Twisted 12-5pm
· Main Stage Performances by:
· Branson Anderson, Ogden Taiko Drummers, WSU Pow Wow, Divya School of Dance, Ballet Folklorico Tutulli, Snarlin' Yarns, Utah Irish Dance Company, Caleb &The Canvas, and Congolese Drummers
Headliner: Michelle Moonshine.
Additionally, a beer garden will feature local brews found all over the state of Utah.
The party on the street should run until around 8:00 p.m. After that, it typically rolls into the various watering holes up and down 25th Street. Check out Lighthouse Lounge, KoKoMo Club, Alleged, and Brewskis.
Most of all, have a great time and get home safely and responsibly!
RSVP to the event by clicking here!
Here in Ogden you can experience 3 ski and summer resorts, combined boasting over 11,600 skiable acres and miles of single track for those who love to mountain bike and hike! We offer a wide range of breathtaking recreation options with everything in easy reach. Whether you settle in at one of our many friendly hotels, out-of-the-way campgrounds or modern meeting and event venues, you will find that Ogden is an ideal travel destination offering one-of-a-kind outdoor recreation and metropolitan delights throughout the year. Wander and get lost in Ogden!