OGDEN, Utah (December 15, 2014) - Utah Transit Authority (UTA) will offer daily seasonal ski service to Snowbasin and Powder Mountain Resorts starting Saturday, December 20.
Ogden City and Weber County will continue its agreement with UTA to provide skiers and boarders an additional option to the slopes for a third consecutive year. The service runs from Saturday, Dec. 20 until April 5, 2015. The cost is $4.50 for a one-way bus ride.
UTA routes 675 and 674 will service Snowbasin Resort and Powder Mountain Resort respectively. Service will originate from the Ogden Transit Center and Frontrunner Station; 2350 S. Wall Ave. Buses depart from the station as early as 6:55 a.m. to Powder Mountain and 6:08 a.m. to Snowbasin. Service will leave the mountain as late as 5:30 p.m. at Snowbasin and 9:45 p.m. for night skiing at Powder Mountain. Regular bus service occurs Monday-Friday. UTA will allocate additional buses during holidays and weekends, in anticipation of higher ridership.
New this year, Nordic Valley will offer a complimentary shuttle pick up for those riding the UTA Ski Bus at the Eden Center connecting from the Powder Mountain Park and Ride Lot.
Season pass holders at all three resorts have additional pass options for ridership. Riders should check with the individual resorts for details.
Downtown Ogden stops:
• Summit Hotel, 247 24th Street
• Ben Lomond Hotel, 2510 Washington Boulevard
• Hampton Inn and Suites, 2401 Washington Boulevard
• Hilton Garden Inn, 2271 S. Washington Boulevard
• 12th Street and Washington Boulevard
• Rainbow Gardens, 1851 Valley Drive
Additional Powder Mountain stops:
• Powder Mountain Park and Ride Lot (north of Valley Market)
• Powder Mountain Outpost
• Wolf Creek, N. Wolf Creek Drive at the corner of Moose Hollow Drive in Eden
Additional Snowbasin Stops:
• Lakeside Village Properties, 6486 Utah 39 in Huntsville
Media Contact: Sara Toliver
# # #